What is a cash home buyer?
Whether you’ve seen signs on the side of the road or heard radio ads, it always seems like there are people with cash in hand, ready to purchase any house, in any condition. But you may be wondering, what exactly is a cash home buyer?
Simply put, cash buyers are individuals or companies that purchase houses with cash as a real estate investment. And sometimes, selling your house to a cash home buyer is a great alternative to putting your house on the market with a real estate agent.
Who should sell their house fast for cash and what in what situations is better to sell fast rather than listing it on the market?
Putting your house on the market can be a time-consuming process. Depending on housing demand in your area, it can take many months for a listed home to sell— and that’s not to mention all the hoops you have to jump through dealing with real estate agents and lenders. Sometimes you just don’t have that kind of time or the means to make it happen.
That’s where a cash home buying team comes in! A cash home buying team works with those who need to sell their house fast.
Here are some of the common reasons people turn to a cash buyer:
- Foreclosure. There may come a time when you can no longer make your mortgage payments for whatever reason and find yourself dealing with an impending foreclosure. By finding a buyer quickly, you can avoid foreclosure and save your credit score.
- Relocation. You might find that you have to move quickly for a job, to be close to an ill family member, etc. In these situations, you don’t have time to stick around town and see that your house is sold. Selling to a cash buyer gives you instant peace of mind.
- Divorce. The last thing you’ll want to do while going through a divorce is pile on the added stress of selling the house through traditional methods. To reduce the headaches involved or expedite separation, many use a cash buyer when going through a divorce.
- Inherited house. Some people learn that they’ve inherited property after a loved one passes away. It can be a difficult process, especially when you factor in all of the emotions involved. Things such as multiple heirs can further complicate things. By selling the property directly, you can quickly liquidate the house without having to spend additional money. It is a fast and easy process for all involved.
- No longer want to deal with rental property. You might be the owner of a rental house that is down to their last straw when it comes to dealing with tenants. And simply holding on to a property can be costly. Selling the house is a quick way to rid yourself of the responsibility that comes with owning a rental property.
- You owe more than the house is worth. Real estate is often considered to be a good investment…except when it isn’t. You may come to find that you actually owe more on your property than it is worth. You might want to make a quick sale so you don’t spend years funneling money into something that will never end up making money for you.
No matter the situation, selling for fast cash may just offer the solution that you need.
What are the benefits of selling to a cash home buyer?
When you’re in a pinch, there are a number of benefits to selling your home to a cash buyer. For one, you get the money. By not going through a real estate agent, you cut out the middleman and all of the expenses and fees that come with using one. Another big draw is that the sale is more likely to go through. One of the biggest frustrations of selling a house occurs when you’ve got a buyer lined up and deal ready to go, only to have the buyer back out or run into financing problems. Deals fall through all the time in real estate. Luckily, this kind of problem does not likely occur when dealing with cash homebuyers.
Sellers also benefit from the expedited sales timeline. Cash buyers have the money on hand to purchase your home. They don’t have to wait for approval from places like banks and lenders. Lastly, repairs are not needed. When selling your house through traditional methods, you want it to be in tip-top shape. This means completing home repairs and remodels to make the home more desirable to potential home buyers and competitive on the housing market. The good things about a cash home buying team is that you won’t have to make repairs because they buy the properties as-is.
How does the process work?
Moving can be hard and stressful enough without trying to sell your old home on top of it. Luckily, the process for selling your home to a cash buyer can be easy!
- The first step is to simply tell the home buyer about your property. Fill out a form online or call and speak to the buyer and give them a little information about your home.
- If your home meets the buying criteria, you’ll be contacted to set up an appointment.
- Next, you’ll be presented with a fair, written offer. And don’t worry, there’s no obligation for you to take the offer. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, you can walk away.
- Lastly, you’ll close with the title company. You will have your cash in your hands in as little as seven days. In some cases, you’ll have that check the very same day!
Why Houndstooth Cash Buyers?
So you’ve decided to go the cash homebuyer route. Now what? Selling your house is a big deal. You want someone who is reputable and won’t take advantage of your situation.
At Houndstooth, you’ll find friendly Austin home buyers that you can trust. You won’t find shady business practices here; we purchase homes primarily with the intention of renovating and reselling ourselves. We are a locally owned business that is focused on helping homeowners in our community. No matter the predicament you find yourself in, we want to help you find a solution.
We buy houses in Austin and the surrounding area. If you’re looking to sell your home for instant cash, don’t hesitate to contact Houndstooth Cash Buyers today!